Tuesday, November 11, 2014

liberty circle mini quilt #2


I made a Liberty of London mini quilt for my recent LOL swap.
This was a pattern that I had already made, but this time I think
I had a better grasp of circle making : )

You will find my first liberty circle quilt here and here.
It has always been one of my favorites!
The circular appliqué pattern is found at The Purl Bee here.

This mini finishes at 20"X20" with 20 circle appliqués.
The Liberty of London tana lawn fabric is so beautiful
that it can make a simple mini turn into something gorgeous! 





I used osnaburg cotton for the background fabric and crochet thread
for the big stitches.


Darcy, my swap partner was very pleased with her mini quilt and that 
makes me very happy.  I also sent along the  hexagon pincushion, coasters, and
a few other goodies to make the swap a little sweeter : )

circle mini quilt, big stitch

I should be receiving my LOL swap package soon….I am getting excited!

piece,
elizabeth








2 comments:

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

How cute is that?! I love it!!! I'll have to make a mini like this sometime. :) Thanks for the inspiration, Elizabeth!

Needled Mom said...

That looks awesome! I love the fabrics too.