Thursday, October 23, 2014

liberty of london coasters

I am making some coasters for my swap partner in the Liberty of London swap.
I thought it would be fun to show you the process/tutorial for these coasters.
Here goes:

Start with two  2 inch hexagons and sew them together using a slip stitch.




Remove the hexagon papers(I save them to use again) and secure the hexagons
 to the 5.5"X5.5" piece of fabric(I used osnaburg cotton) 
with washable glue or pins.




Machine or hand stitch the hexagons to the fabric square.




Cut a 5.5"X5.5" piece from thin batting and place on wrong side of the hexagon square.


Place the backing fabric right sides together and sew around the square,
leaving a small opening for turning.



Be sure to clip the corners before turning.

Turn, shape and iron your square preparing for stitching around the edges.


Stitch close to edge, starting with the opening side.

Iron flat and admire : )
liberty of london coasters

liberty of london coasters tutorial

I plan to make more hexagon coasters!  Please let me know if you do…they
are so easy to make and are a great little gift!

piece,
elizabeth


1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a great way to use those precious small pieces of Liberty.