Monday, August 11, 2014

banner day

The OKCMQG is having a quilt show in October.  We are gathering banners
from our members to hang from the rafters!  We have over 60 members, so if
we each make two banners, we will have a lovely display above our quilts.

I first made these little cuties for "To Boston With Love" that I posted about here.
These are the banners that I made for Boston...



The tutorial can be found here, and believe me, they are a quick project that make quite
a cheerful display : )

For the October show banners, I started with strips of colors that were chosen for us
to use, so that all of our different banners will go together well.  Our local quilt shop,
 Oklahoma Quiltworks, sold bundles of fabric in our colors making it easy for people like me!

I used improv piecing by cutting the strips of fabric at different angles and this
is what I came up with for my banners.

OKCMQG banners

As one of my FB followers commented:  "It looks like they are holding hands" : )






I look forward to seeing what my guild friends come up with when
making their banners!

piece,
elizabeth


3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is going to make an incredible display.

RobinLovesQuilting said...

Your banners are lovely - and very visually stunning! Can't wait to see them in person at the show.

elizabeth said...

I agree, Needled Mom…it should look great, and thanks Robin!