Tuesday, July 8, 2014

mini quilt swap

I made a quilt for the schnitzel and boo mini quilt swap.
I made a quilt for Nancy, and she has received her quilt, and she seems to like it!
It was lots of fun to make….I haven't received mine yet, but I know it should be soon : )

The name of this mini is "Bouquet".

I started making hexagons with some of my Kaffe Fassett stash.

 


After I sewed them into a flower bouquet, I machine stitched them to some denim chambray.


I quilted using several colors of crochet thread with big stitches.
You know how I like to stitch with those big stitches!


Although the color looks like charcoal, it really is blue/denim.
I used a scrappy binding to finish it off.

mini quilt swap

I added a few goodies to the box…small scissors, notecards, tea, and a pincushion!
This is a picture that Nancy took after she opened her package.


Now, I am anxiously waiting to see what will come in the mail for me
and who it will be from….it is fun to make new friends : )

piece,
elizabeth






  

No comments: